Complaints Procedure

If you have a complaint or concern about the service that you have received from your practice or any of the staff working here, please let us know. We operate a practice complaints procedure as part of a NHS system for dealing with complaints. Our complaints system meets NHS national criteria.

How to complain

We hope that most problems can be sorted out easily and quickly, often at the time they arise and with the person concerned. If your problem cannot be sorted out in this way and you wish to make a complaint, we would like you to let us know as soon as possible – ideally, within a matter of days or at most a few weeks – because this will enable us to establish what happened more easily. If it is not possible to do that, please let us have details of your complaint:

  • within 6 months of the incident that caused the problem: or
  • within 6 months of becoming aware that you have something to complain about.

Complaints should be addressed to the practice manager Miss Lisa Egglestone or your practitioner. Alternatively, you may ask for an appointment with the GP or your practitioner, in order to discuss your concerns. He/she will explain the complaints procedure to you and will make sure that your concerns are dealt with promptly. It will be a great help if you are as specific as possible about your complaint.

What we shall do

We shall acknowledge your complaint within two working days, investigate your complaint and aim to provide you with a written response within ten working days of the date when you raised it with us. We can offer a meeting with the people involved if this would be helpful. When we look into your complaint, we shall aim to:

  • find out what happened and what went wrong;
  • make it possible for you to discuss the problem with those concerned, if you would like this;
  • make sure you receive an apology, where this is appropriate;
  • identify what we can do to make sure the problem doesn’t happen again.

Complaining on behalf of someone else

Please note that we keep strictly to the rules of confidentiality. If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, we have to know that you have his or her permission to do so. A note signed by the person concerned will be needed, unless they are incapable (because of illness) of providing this.

Complaining to Bradford District CCG

If you do not feel able to raise your complaint with us or you are dissatisfied with the result of our investigation contact NHS ENGLAND by emailing or telephone 0300 311 22 33.

If you are unhappy with the outcome of your complaint you can refer the matter to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman, who is independent of the NHS and government.

The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman
Millbank Tower

Tel: 0345 015 4033

You may also like to contact ICAS, the Independent Complaints Advocacy Service who can offer you independent help and advice in making a complaint. The telephone number to contact is 0300 330 5454.

Local Services, Let
Local Services, Let